Hi there and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
That is Fairness Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the newest non-public market information, talks concerning the coming week, digs into some current funding rounds and mulls over a bigger theme or narrative from the non-public markets. You’ll be able to observe the present on Twitter here and myself here.
There was tons to get by means of immediately, so, so as, right here’s the rundown:
- Early-stage founders can nonetheless apply for the upcoming Disrupt Battlefield even. You’ll be able to enroll here if that’s you. It’s going to be a number of enjoyable tbh.
- From the weekend: San Francisco real estate is a mess; Twitter Blue is coming and I’m hype about it; Elon Musk roiled crypto markets by being himself, which doesn’t communicate too extremely of the asset class.
- AT&T is getting out of the TV game to some degree, promoting media property to assist pay down debt. Identical to Verizon did by selling TechCrunch and family to Apollo.
- We additionally chatted about two Indian mega-rounds: Pine Labs raising $285 million and Moglix raising $120 million.
- From the early-stage entrance, two rounds this morning on your pleasure: Telda’s super-cool pre-seed round, and recent Y Combinator-grad Houm’s latest investment, which explains why the accelerator program remains to be so fashionable.
- Additional Crunch Reside this week is Shaun Maguire (Sequoia) + Samir Vasavada (Vise) on Wednesday, Might nineteenth, at 11:30AM PST / 2:30PM EST.